A $4.6 billion publicly traded solutions provider, the Client partners with small and medium-sized business owners to meet their human capital management needs. Our Client’s 15,000+ employees—450+ in Bangalore—serve customers from 100+ locations in India, the United States, and Europe.
With a small internal talent acquisition team, the Client was looking to outsource their hiring needs and issued a request for proposal (RFP) to procure an RPO provider. The Acara team was familiar with the Client, having previously conducted a successful RPO engagement three years prior, and was awarded the contract. However, this project would prove to be much more customized and recruitment intensive to meet the Client’s need to reduce costs and create process consistency. Initially, the Client planned to hire more than 120 Product Development and Information Technology (PD&IT) and (Centre of Excellence) COE employees within a 12-month span.
At the onset of this RPO engagement, the Acara team encountered three primary challenges in the recruiting process:
- In a candidate-driven market, it was important to provide a positive candidate experience and a streamlined hiring process to ensure we did not lose workers to our Client’s competitors.
- Six months into the RPO engagement, Acara had exhausted our active candidate database and it was challenging to source and recruit top talent. To ensure project success, our team would need to identify and utilize non-conventional methods and technology platforms to source passive candidates.
- The budgeted compensation for the technology roles was less than comparable positions in the market and candidate expectations were higher than the Client’s pay rates
To meet these challenges, and support the Client’s PDIT and COE requirements, Acara used the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) process and dedicated two senior recruiters and one sourcer to this RPO engagement. The Acara team:
- Ensured timely and consistent communication with candidates and the Client’s hiring managers including bi-weekly review meetings to streamline the hiring process.
- Using our suite of technology platforms, our team performed rate and market benchmarking analyses tailored to the Client’s job types. After sharing the results of our analysis, the Client took Acara’s advice and implemented higher pay rates to meet current market demands.
- Utilized social media platforms—like Github, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter—to source passive candidates. Using these unconventional methods, our team was able to identify more relevant candidate profiles for the Client’s positions and procure a pipeline of top candidates for high-demand technical roles, like Java Developer.
By stepping into our client’s shoes and getting
an understanding of their needs, we were able to discover the
right roles – regardless of industry or job type.
After fourteen months with the client, Acara has successfully hired 200+—61 PDIT and 140 COE—hard-to-fill positions including:
- 6 Java Developer hired in 13 months
- 5 Salesforce Developers hires in 7 months
- 3 Technical Solutions Developer hires in 3 months
- 1 IT Knowledge Reporting and Tools Analyst hire