One of the world’s largest wireless telecommunications companies, The Client is a multinational conglomerate that serves hundreds of millions of customers on an annual basis. The company is based in the United States and has delivery centers in India.
After facing a sudden upsurge in demand for technology positions, The Client turned to Acara Solutions India to implement its proven RPO solution. The Acara team was familiar with the Client, having previously conducted a successful RPO engagement in the prior year. However, this project would prove to be much more recruitment intensive.
Initially, The Client planned to hire more than 80 employees within a six-month span. These resources would include:
- IT Security
- UX Designers
- Android & iOS
- Avaya Orchestration Designer
- IBM Streams
- Java Full Stack
- SDN & NFV
- SFDC + Vlocity / Lightning specialists
Soon after our RPO engagement was deployed, The Client increased its hiring volume to over 100 such resources within the same time period.
In the initial stages of this RPO engagement, our team encountered three primary challenges in the recruiting process:
- The Client faced geography constraints, as some candidates were unwilling to relocate to accept the position.
- Because The Client was seeking candidates with niche skill sets, our team needed to be creative to discover professionals with front-end technology experience.
- Our team convinced The Client to raise its compensation packages that would attract premier tech talent. Our team categorized each position into either a niche or premium skillset, which dictated the individual’s base compensation.
Upon identifying these three primary challenges that would have to be overcome, our Acara team worked with The Client to address them.
- To more effectively entice qualified candidates that were being considered for each position, Acara recommended that The Client offer a relocation bonus if an individual joined the company from a different region. This proved to be a pivotal part of our recruitment efforts, as the relocation bonus often provided enough of an incentive for the candidate to accept the position.
- In the early stages of the RPO engagement, Acara began building a talent pipeline comprised of qualified candidates that could be interviewed for each open position. We targeted specific companies to discover prospective employees with the skillset that was in demand and keyed in on recruiting individuals from diverse or minority backgrounds. Our team conducted up to two interviews with each candidate before handing them over to The Client for review. This reduced overall turnaround and candidate selection time.
- To provide an analysis of the compensation market, Acara provided in-depth market analytics and compensation mapping for each region. This data and insight proved to The Client that attracting candidates with a premium or niche skillset required the formulation of more competitive compensation packages.
Upon concluding our RPO engagement,
the Acara team had successfully met The Client’s
technology demands on time.
Upon concluding our RPO engagement, the Acara team had successfully met The Client’s technology demands on time. Throughout our six-month recruitment initiative, we extended 165 offers to qualified candidates—147 of which accepted the position and started with The Client. Our offer-to-start rate of nearly 90% showcased our exceptional rate of success in sourcing and recruiting premier technology talent.
Acara’s dedicated RPO solution proved effective in helping The Client to efficiently and effectively scale its bench of tech resources within a tight hiring timeline. The Client’s IT team was extremely satisfied with our overall recruiting quality and performance.